Workplace processes have moved away from the pen-and-paper method to online processes for better transparent clear collaboration, on-time risk assessment and updated progress, quality control, and better outcomes, otherwise known as process digitization.
Digitalization is the transformation of business operations or processes with the help of digital technologies. It requires the digitization of information for the working of an entire system or workflow.
QHSE digitalization is the digitization of QHSE processes, utilizing a tool or technology for a better way of working.
Refined Processes and Outcomes
Digitized QHSE systems bring about various benefits and help track metrics such as:
- Safe and healthy working conditions for workers or employees
- responsible use of resources
- Tracks accidents
- Reducing incidents at worksites
- Non-conformities issues
- Observations and deficiencies
Few Steps to a Digitized QHSE
There are a few steps to implementing a digitized process on your QHSE, which are listed below.
- Assess the current processes
Begin with understanding the current state of your workflow that includes the processes, tools, and people. Identify the problematic areas and potential areas for improvement. The research or information gathered on competitors or market trends should be included in this step.
- Assess the current QHSE processes and workflow
- Evaluate the software and tools used in the HSE system
- Assess the skills, motivation, and level of competence of the people in your HSE system
- Prepare the proposed process
Create a plan for the new processes that includes the required tools and resources. It should detail how to shift from the current HSE system to the new process and the way to achieve the goal.
- Revise or create goals
- Spot out the risks
- Selection of processes and tools
- Implement a tool selection process
Select a tool selection process that defines the objectives, what to achieve, reduce risks, and the processes that need specific tools. Implement a QHSE management software to help improve the quality and safety of your vessels.
QHSE Management & Maritime Safety
QHSE management software helps reduce the administrative burden in shipping regulations such as ISM/ISPS, SOLAS, ISO standards, classification rules, etc, along with support for quality, safety, and compliance in the rules and regulations.
The person-in-charge or the QHSE manager has to pay attention to the following matter:
- Analyse and optimize safety performance on-board ships
- Organizational learning and fleet-wide improvement
- Investment security
- Keep track of the best practices and expertise in the global network.
Benefits of a QHSE Management Software or system
- Increase transparency for better business decisions
- Improve reporting and follow-up of audits and inspections (external and internal)
- Reporting and follow-up of incidents, accidents, and near-misses
- Manage compliance issues better
- Manage fleet document library at one place
- Customize your reports to suit your needs
- KPIs and statistics on interactive dashboards
- Schedules auditing
- Analysis of audit findings
- Dynamic form creation
These features help you to ensure compliance, enable Preventive Maintenance, share best practices, etc. QHSE management software ensures that your administrative staff and crew members have access and also enjoy the benefits of a standardized and digital QHSE system. To know more, give us a call.